Great Buildings are special buildings inspired by world history which can be built to provide powerful benefits to the player. Each Age offers two Great Buildings (with the exception of Arctic Future), each one with its own unique bonus, graphic, and space required to build. Unlike conventional buildings which require only coins/supplies, Great Buildings have additional requirements of goods and blueprints which must be collected before the Great Building can be constructed. Once the Great Building's requirements have been met and the foundation laid, it will be level 0 and must be "leveled" to level 1 before granting benefits to the player. For Great Buildings to gain levels, forge points must be placed into them. For each level gained, the inherent bonus of that Great Building increases as well as rewards paid to top donors. At level 10, the Great Building will no longer advance until a full set of blue prints are traded. Once this occurs, a single level will be unlocked; this must be done for each level past 10.
Guild Goods, GvG Support Pool
|Temple of Relics|
|Bronze Age||Tower of Babel|
|Statue of Zeus|
|Lighthouse of Alexandria|
Goods, Supply Boost
|Early Middle Ages||Cathedral of Aachen|
Coins, Military Boost
Forge Points, Happiness
|High Middle Ages||St. Mark's Basilica|
Goods, Coin Boost
|Late Middle Ages||St. Basil's Cathedral |
Coins, Defense Boost,
GvG Support Pool
|Castel del Monte|
Forge Points, Military Boost
|Colonial Age||Deal Castle|
Medals, Defense Boost,
GvG Support Pool
|Frauenkirche of Dresden|
|Royal Albert Hall|
Goods, Supply Boost
|Progressive Era||Château Frontenac|
Coins, Quest Reward Boost
Military Unit, Happiness
|Modern Era||Space Needle|
Guild Goods, Happiness
|Postmodern Era||Cape Canaveral|
|Contemporary Era||Innovation Tower|
Forge Points, Population
Supplies, Plunder Goods
Supplies, Aid Goods
|The Future||Rain Forest Project|
Goods, Blueprint Boost
Guild Goods, Contribution Rewards
|Arctic Future||Gaea Statue|
Forge Points, Critical Hit
Helping Hands, Supplies
|Oceanic Future||Atlantis Museum|
Goods, Chance of doubled plunder loot
You can acquire the 9 blueprints in the following ways:
- Doing positive social interaction. For example, polish and motivate.
- Plunder buildings after attacking another player, but lower find rate than motivating/polishing.
- Rewards from certain quests or Guild Expedition
- Helping in construction of a great building of another player by donating forge points. The blueprints will be received when the building levels, if you finish in reward position. See here.
- Trading in 2 duplicate copies of blueprints you already posses. The new one will not be either of the traded copies, but may be a different duplicate.
- Purchase any specific blueprint with diamonds in construction screen.
The Great Building blueprint that is received from a building that was recently polished, motivated or plundered will be from the same age as that building.
To place the great building, you will first have to acquire the 9 separate blueprints and also the required goods of the building's age. However, the placed great building is level 0 and it does not give any bonus yet. See the next section. A GB must be connected by roads to provide benefits or to allow FP contributions.
The great building on level 0 is just a construction site and it won't build up itself. Players have to use an amount of forge points to upgrade it. Once the building reaches level 1, it is built and start to give out bonuses but still can be upgraded with increasing bonuses to a maximum of level 10. In Patch 1.29 (7 July 2014) maximum level of Great Buildings has been removed. Now players can trade in a complete blueprint set to unlock levels after 10. Forge points must still be added to achieve these new levels however.
Details of the cost of forge points on levels can be found in the topic of each building.
The most important function of great building is the powerful bonuses that increase with the building's level. Depending on the building, you might get the following:
- An amount of coins every 24 hours.
- Forge Points
- An amount of forge points every 24 hours.
- An amount of goods from your current age every 24 hours. From Modern Era on it produces unrefined goods.
- An amount of medals every 24 hours.
- An amount of supplies every 24 hours.
- Aid Goods
- Provides one good of the same age as the building you aid, for the first number of buildings aided.
- Coin boost
- Raises the production of your houses a number of times a day, adds up with productivity and motivation.
- Defense boost
- Attack and defense bonus for units in defending army, adds up with every great buildings with same bonus.
- Permanent happiness bonus.
- Helping Hands
- Chance of getting something extra by aiding other players.
- Military Boost
- Attack and defense bonus for units in attacking army, adds up with every great buildings with same bonus.
- Military Unit
- Gives you a number of unattached military units, from those that you can build in your city.
- Plunder Goods
- Provides one good of the same age as the building you plunder, for the first number of buildings plundered.
- Permanent population bonus.
- Relic Hunt
- Increases the probability of finding a Relic upon completing a Guild Expedition challenge.
- Quest Boost
- Gives you extra rewards on some quests.
- Supply Boost
- Raises the production of your production buildings a number of times a day, adds up with productivity and motivation.
Details of the bonuses of each great buildings can be found in the topic of them.
DonationTo help construct a Great Building, simply visit a city of one of your friends, neighbors or guild-mates in which a Great building construction is present, and click on the Great building. You may now donate Forge points, and also view which reward you will receive (if any) for your current donations. You may only contribute to another player's Great Building(s) after you have researched Architecture in the Iron Age.
When the current construction level is completed, the top five most generous donors (not counting the building's owner) will receive rewards:
- Medals (based on level and age of the Great Building)
- Forge point packages (based on level)
- Blueprints (as outlined below):
|Levels of Great Building|
|No. of Blueprint Reward|
Pages in category "Great Buildings"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.