Great Buildings are special buildings inspired by world history which can be built to provide powerful benefits to the player. Each Age offers two Great Buildings, each one with its own unique bonus, graphic, and space required to build. Unlike conventional buildings which require only coins/supplies, Great Buildings have additional requirements of goods and blueprints which must be collected before the Great Building can be constructed. Once the Great Building's requirements have been met and the foundation laid, it will be level 0 and must be "leveled" to level 1 before granting benefits to the player. For Great Buildings to gain levels, forge points must be placed into them. For each level gained, the inherent bonus of that Great Building increases as well as rewards paid to top donors. At level 10, the Great Building will no longer advance until a full set of blue prints are traded. Once this occurs, a single level will be unlocked; this must be done for each level past 10.
The list of Great BuildingsEdit
GvG Support Pool, Goods for Guild Treasury
|Tower of Babel|
|Bronze Age||Statue of Zeus|
|Iron Age||Lighthouse of Alexandria|
|Early Middle Ages||Aachen Cathedral|
|St. Mark's Basilica|
|High Middle Ages||Notre Dame|
|Cathedral of St. Basil|
|Late Middle Ages||Castel del Monte|
|Colonial Age||Dresden Frauenkirche|
|Industrial Age||Royal Albert Hall|
Happiness, Military Unit
Happiness, Goods for Guild Treasury
|Postmodern Era||The Habitat|
|Contemporary Era||Lotus Temple|
You can acquire the 9 blueprints in the following ways:
- Purchase any specific blueprint with diamonds in construction screen.
- Doing positive social interaction. For example, polish and motivate.
- Plunder buildings after attacking another player, but lower find rate than motivating/polishing.
- Helping in construction of another great building of other player by donating forge point, the blueprints will be received at the end construction phase of this building. See here.
- Trading in 2 duplicate copies of blueprints you already posses. The new one will not be either of the traded copies, but may be a different duplicate.
The Great Building blueprint that is received from a building that was recently polished, motivated or plundered will be from the same age as that building.
To place the great building, you will first have to acquire the 9 separate blueprints and also the required goods of the building's age. However, the placed great building is level 0 and it does not give any bonus yet. See the next section. A GB must be connected by roads to provide benefits or to allow FP contributions.
The great building on level 0 is just a construction site and it won't build up itself. Players have to use an amount of forge points to upgrade it. Once the building reaches level 1, it is built and start to give out bonuses but still can be upgraded with increasing bonuses to a maximum of level 10. In Patch 1.29 (7 July 2014) maximum level of Great Buildings has been removed. Now players can trade in a complete blueprint set to unlock levels after 10. Forge points must still be added to achieve these new levels however.
Details of the cost of forge points on levels can be found in the topic of each building.
The most important function of great building is the powerful bonuses that increase with the building's level. Depending on the building, you might get the following:
- Military boost
- Attack and defense bonus for units in attacking army, adds up with every great buildings with same bonus.
- Defense boost
- Attack and defense bonus for units in defending army, adds up with every great buildings with same bonus.
- Coin boost
- Raises the production of your houses 90 times a day, adds up with productivity and motivation.
- Supply boost
- Raises the production of your production buildings 40 or 75 times a day, adds up with productivity and motivation.
- Good Production
- An amount of goods from your current age every 24 hours. From Modern Era on it produces unrefined goods.
- Medal production
- An amount of medals every 24 hours.
- An amount of forge points every 24 hours.
- Coin production
- An amount of coins every 24 hours.
- Supply production
- An amount of supplies every 24 hours.
- Permanent population bonus.
- Permanent happiness bonus.
- Quest Boost
- Gives you extra rewards on a quest.
- Penal Unit
- Gives you some free random units, that you can build in your city, to fight with.
Details of the bonuses of each great buildings can be found in the topic of them.
DonationEditTo help construct a great building, simply visit a city in which a Great building construction is present and click on the Great building. You may now donate Forge points, and also view which reward you will receive for your current donations. You can only contribute to great buildings after you have researched Architecture in the Iron Age.
When the current construction level is completed, the top five most generous donors will receive a reward which depends on the levels and age of the great buildings.
- Medals (all top five)
- Forge point packages (varies depending on level)
- Blueprint, as following table:
|Levels of Great Building|
|No. of Blueprint Reward|
Pages in category "Great Buildings"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.