Important: Please note that this information is second hand information issued by InnoGames - the game developer. Any questions or complaints are best handled by contacting them.
Hello Kings and Queens, The update to 1.62 will take place on Thursday, October 15th, 2015. This update focuses almost entirely (at least in its visible part) on the improvements to the messaging system. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience. Sincerely, Your Forge of Empires Team
Improvements and changes
Improvements to the messaging system - basing on your feedback we've introduced several improvements to the messaging system:
- Status updates (predominantly 'X left the conversation') will no longer cause conversations to jump to the top of the list.
- 'X left the conversation' won't be shown as the last message in the conversations overview, if there are any other 'real' unread messages.
- The burger menu looks now like a button to make it more obvious.
- The message center has been added to the burger menu in a message, for easier navigation.
- Player name is now bold in a conversation and in the conversation overview.
- Font size is now slightly bigger.
- Some names for windows and tabs were adjusted to ensure consistency between browser and mobile versions.
- There was an issue with Great Buildings contributions causing the formula to break at level 102.
- 'Group name' was shown by default in 'Write message' if the user has recently had 'Group Info' open.
- The social icons (neighborhood, guild, friend) for added participants were displayed incorrectly after deleting a player from the recipients list.
- Sometimes there were too many line breaks shown in messages causing display issues.
- Messages will now be really deleted after 60 days (the deletion wasn't working since the update to the new system).
- A few Flash errors were fixed in the tooltips and in the social bar.
When it comes to what is in progress: we are obviously working on the 'Future Era', but also on various tutorial improvements and some additional messaging system polishing. Also mobile team has started their progress on bringing guilds to the mobile apps. This is not an easy one though, so please be aware that it will take a longer while.