All queries and discussions should be carried on here. This includes discussions from the Talk page of the Main page, the forums, Community Portal and Community Corner. This is a temporary arrangement and will later be shifted to the Discussions Feature.
Etiquette to be followed while posting here:
- Please begin a new discussion or topic with a new heading. The source code is == Your topic here ==. Copy it whenever needed by removing the nowiki tags.
- There shall be no foul language used over here.
- No dispute will be settled by the administrative team unless either of the parties desires to do so.
- Every post must be signed with four tildes (~~~~).
- Whenever the issue is settled or the query resolved, the OP or any one of the correspondents must write ISSUE RESOLVED after the end of the last post.
I would like to add the levels at which each GB becomes "profitable" to an "average" high-level Arc (180% reward). I'm not sure the best way to do this. It seems like it would fit best on the cost/level table, but regardless of how its done, there will be a lot of cross-referencing between tables. KillMeNow4168 (talk) 03:00, April 9, 2018 (UTC)
- You're saying 'levels', but isn't it just one level after which it becomes profitable? This could be solved by adding a note or a short section on the page, no need to add it to the table.
What exactly would you want to cross-reference? Mr.Quib (talk) 08:04, April 10, 2018 (UTC)
- There are a range of levels at which a GB is profitable. You have to compare the cost to level to the rewards for 1st/2nd (which increase linearly). It would be nice to know when it starts being profitable and when it stops. Notably, the Arc is approximately between 30 and 70. KillMeNow4168 (talk) 02:05, April 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I've put the range of levels profitable for a 1.8, 1.85 and 1.9 Arc in a table you can use on the GB's page. This one can be expanded with other percentages if needed. I've added a '3rd place' column, don't know if that one's needed.
The second table can be used on The Arc page and should list all GB (alphabetically) with the profitability for 180%, 185% and 190% Arc on 1st place only, just for a quick oversight. I think this way there is no need for further cross-referencing.
Please let me know if this works for you; I'll take care of creating the tables and work out a little description to go with the first table. Mr.Quib (talk) 07:31, April 16, 2018 (UTC)
- I like it. I was trying to figure out how to do it and this seems as good as any. KillMeNow4168 (talk) 05:13, April 25, 2018 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll work this out and keep you informed. Mr.Quib (talk) 06:46, April 25, 2018 (UTC)
- 3rd place is never profitable on any GB. 1st and 2nd increase linearly and there is a "sweet spot" where the boosted reward increases faster than the cost to secure the position. 3rd is non-linear and never increases faster than the cost to secure. I don't know enough about templates, or I would remove the 3rd place column. KillMeNow4168 (talk) 04:08, May 16, 2018 (UTC)
- Done, removed 3rd place from tables. Mr.Quib (talk) 06:54, May 16, 2018 (UTC)
- Oh. Found it on the "Resources -> Medals" page. Seems like there should be either a PvP page or a Fighting page that also links there. KillMeNow4168 (talk) 05:27, April 25, 2018 (UTC)
- It's already included. Mr.Quib (talk) 06:54, June 22, 2018 (UTC)
- it doesn't show up here https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Events KillMeNow4168 (talk) 06:23, June 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Yes it does, under 'Special Events' / 2018. Mr.Quib (talk) 06:45, June 24, 2018 (UTC)
- DOH! Seasonal vs Special. Meh. KillMeNow4168 (talk) 06:47, June 24, 2018 (UTC)