|This article is incomplete.|
You can help Forge of Empires Wiki by expanding it.
The main purpose of Medals is to unlock Victory Expansions (city extensions). The number of medals needed to unlock a Victory expansion increases with each expansion that has already been purchased. The first one costs 10 medals, the second costs 50 medals, and so on. The cost of each Victory expansion can be viewed here.
There are many ways to gain medals.
- From special buildings that you can build in your city - such as Shrine of Awe, Victory Tower and Terrace Farm
- From Great Buildings in your city - Colosseum, Deal Castle and Gaea Statue
- From random rewards from quests
- From Incidents found in and around your city
- Helping others level their Great Buildings
- Sometimes from Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth
- Getting into medal positions on the Player verses Player (PvP) tournament towers, by winning battles on the Continent Map, in Guild Expeditions, in Guild vs. Guild (GvG), and against neighbours
- From Chests opened after solving encounters and from Uncommon (Gold) Relics obtained during the Guild Expeditions.
Uses for Medals
Here are some uses for medals:
- Buying Expansions for your city.
- Buying extra encounter attempts and negotiating for the Guild Expeditions.
- Paying crew members for Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal.
- Unlocking defending armies and placing sieges in the All Ages Province of the Guild vs. Guild (GvG) map.
Medal Scoring in PvP Tournament Tower
Player versus Player (PvP) tournaments are unlocked on the corresponding towers on the Continent Map. Unlock the Province with the tower to see the tournament statistics. Every Sunday, the tournament closes and winners obtain their medals, the amount of which depends on the age the tower corresponds to.
Medal packages are sometimes awarded during events. The amount of medals included in every package differs with age.