Medals are a reward for winning player versus player (PvP) tournaments. These tournaments are unlocked on the corresponding towers in the world map. Each technological age has corresponding towers in the world map. Unlock the province with the tower to see the tournament statistics.
The main purpose of medals is to unlock Victory Expansions (city extensions). The first victory expansion is 10 medals, the second is 50 medals.
Ways to gain medals:
- Unlock the part of the continent (in the world map) that contains it, then you have to fight and defeat your neighbors to gain points. Every Sunday, the tournament closes and winners obtain their medals, the amount of which depends on the age the tower corresponds to.
- Winning battles and placing in the top 10 of the tournaments.
- Helping others develop their Great Buildings.
- From special buildings that you can build in your city.
- From random rewards from quests.
Medal Scoring in PvP Tournament Tower
The number of medals needed to unlock a medal expansion increases with each expansion that has already been purchased. The first one costs 10 medals, the second costs 50 medals, and so on. The cost of each medal expansion can be viewed here.
Medal packages are sometimes awarded during events. The amount of medals included in every package differs with age.