Since Feb 18th, 2016 we have a new ranking system that affects how you rank globally.
Your points in the ranking consist of:
- All the battle points (from all battles you fight) count towards the ranking.
- Whenever a good is spent, its point value will be added to the ranking (research tree, Great Buildings, sector negotiation and so on).
The only exception is trading - goods spent there will not be counted towards the ranking (to avoid possible abuses). The goods values differ depending on their age (the higher the age, the higher the value).
- All the buildings in the game have a points value calculated basing on their size, era and type (event and premium buildings are a bit more
valuable than other, standard buildings). The ranking value of a GB will consist of 3 parts:
- Standard building value - a value of a normal building from the same era and of the same size.
- Value of goods that need to be spent to build it initially.
- Value of Forge Points that have been put in to build it up, up to the current level (summarized).
Below you can see a detailed explanation of each factor.
The amount of ranking points that you get from a battle is:
Battle points obtained / 50All battles are counted and there are no exceptions. Of course you don't get any ranking points if you have lost your battle, or if you have 0 point (more damages on your side compared to the value of the damages caused to the enemy.)
Goods have different values depending on the era they are from. They
become more valuable over the eras. Every good has a base value.
Refined goods have a base value + the value of the good put in to produce it. Similarly, re-refined goods have their own value + the value of the respective refined good.
The values can be seen below:
|Early Middle Age||3.5|
|High Middle Age||4|
|Late Middle Age||4.5|
The base value starts at 2.5 in Bronze Age and increases by 0.5 with each era. Modern Era introduces refined goods, so the value of the respective good is added to the base value (for example for Modern Era it is the base value of Modern Era, which is 6.5 + the base value of Colonial Era +5, hence the total value of 11.5). Tomorrow introduces re-refined goods (base value of Tomorrow is 8 + the value of the refined good from Modern Era gives 19.5 in total).
When a building is placed in the city its point value is added to the ranking. When it is removed, its value is subtracted. The points calculation method is different for Great Buildings and for all the other city buildings.
The ranking points for each building is calculated in the following way:
Width * Length * Building Type Factor * Age FactorWidth and length are quite clear, but the remaining factors could use an explanation:
- Building Type Factor
- For most of the buildings this factor equals 1. For Diamond buildings and event buildings* it is 2 (a building cannot be Diamond and
event building at the same time). Town hall has the highest Building Type Factor which is 3.
- This basically means that Diamond buildings and event buildings are worth twice as much as a normal building from the same era.
*Monasteries are considered event buildings and thus this factor is 2 for them.
- Age Factor
|Early Middle Age||10|
|High Middle Age||20|
|Late Middle Age||30|
|Tomorrow Era||1 000|
|The Future||1 600|
|Arctic Future||2 400|
|No Age (1)||100|
|Multi Age (2)||Adopts value of the age factor of the era they are currently in.|
|All Age (3)||20|
- (1) No Age. There are only two No Age buildings: Observatory and Temple of Relics.
- (2) Multi Age. For example Champion's Retreat.
- (3) All Age. For example Victory Tower or Wishing Well.
Great Buildings are calculated differently than all the other buildings in the city. The formula is:
Value of a standard city building of the same age and size + Value of goods spent to initially put it into the city + Value of Forge Points needed to reach its current
- Zeus statue construction site is worth 390 points, because:
- Value of a standard city building of the same age and size is 3*2*1*2.5=15
- Value of goods spent to initially put it into the city is 150*2.5=375
- Value of Forge Points needed to reach its current level is 0, as no Forge Points were spent so far.
- As soon as your Statue of Zeus reaches level 1, its value will increase by 600 points, because reaching level 1 requires 40 Forge Points, and 1 Forge Points is worth 15 ranking points.
Please remember, that all those points are removed when you delete a Great Building. This means that also points for goods spent to put it into your city will be removed, when you remove your Great Building.
This can happen, that the amount of points you have is not an integer. For example: if you have 100 points and you donated 3 of rubber to your guild treasury, you will have 116.5 points - rubber is a good from the Industrial age, so it's worth 5.5 points, therefore your donation is worth 3*5.5=16.5. Even though you have 116.5 points, the game still shows 116. The reason for that is that we decided to simply chop off the fractions when displaying them, as it's technically easier than doing mathematically correct rounding (plus it doesn't use any server power and is far less error-prone). Of course an accurate number is still stored in the database, so your 0.5 point is not lost and as soon as you get the other 0.5, it will be displayed correctly.